Suppress array formula #NA

  1. #1

    Suppress array formula #NA

    Hello,

    I'm trying to stop the #NA error from an array formula but can't get
    it.

    The formula is =if(ISNA(TRANSPOSE(NameList)),"",TRANSPOSE(NameList))

    The formula is entered as an array across 15 cells. Any solutions?

    Regards,

    Stefano

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Suppress array formula #NA

    Works for me, do you enter it with ctrl + shift & enter?

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Suppress array formula #NA

    Yes I did. Could the problem be that the name, "NameList" is another
    array that sorts names to the top of the list with no blanks? I believe
    I got that array from C. Pearson's website. Yes, the formula works if
    NameList is a list of typed in names, but not when getting the list
    from another array. Or could it also be that the array formula entered
    is not the same size as the range name, "NameList"? NameList expands
    and contracts automatically.

    Regards,

    Stefano

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Yes I did. Could the problem be that the name, "NameList" is another
    > array that sorts names to the top of the list with no blanks? I believe
    > I got that array from C. Pearson's website. Yes, the formula works if
    > NameList is a list of typed in names, but not when getting the list
    > from another array. Or could it also be that the array formula entered
    > is not the same size as the range name,

    Yes.

    > "NameList"? NameList expands
    > and contracts automatically.

    If that's the case you need a different approach. Maybe you could post a
    small sample along with the desired output.

  5. #5

    Re: Suppress array formula #NA

    Thanks, but I just made the arrays the same size all the time and that
    takes care of it.

    Regards,

    Stefano