Formula

  1. #1
    Penny
    Guest

    Formula

    I want to know what formula I would use to figure out in Excel how many days
    before birthday. I also have the date they were born.

  2. #2

    Re: Formula

    If you just subtract dates and format the result as general, you'll see the
    number of days between the dates.

    So if your birthdate was in A1 (say June 10, 1973), you could use:

    =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))-TODAY()
    or
    =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))-TODAY()-1

    Depending on if you count the birthday or not.