Excluding cells

  1. #1
    LoriD
    Guest

    Excluding cells

    I have the following:

    1/1/88 10 9
    2/5/88 9 8
    TOTAL 19 17

    2/1/89 20 18
    4/4/89 15 15
    TOTAL 35 33

    5/5/90 10 8

    GRAND TOTAL 64 58

    How do I write a formula so that the Grand Total would add all the numbers
    EXCEPT the numbers on the lines of the TOTALS?

    THANKS

  2. #2
    ufo_pilot
    Guest

    RE: Excluding cells

    in the cell you need the results
    =SUM > then hold down the Ctrl and select the cells that you need to sum.

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Excluding cells

    Try one of these:

    Use the SUBTOTAL function instead of the SUM function for both subtotals and
    for the grand total. The SUBTOTAL function ignores other SUBTOTALS.
    Example:=SUBTOTAL(9,B1:B10)

    The 9 argument tells the subtotal function to ADD. Other arguments indicate
    usage of MAX, MIN, AVG, etc)

    OR
    Use SUMIF.
    Example: