colour due to conditional formatting & hyperlink/shortcut to a directory

  1. #1
    Peter STEVENS
    Guest

    colour due to conditional formatting & hyperlink/shortcut to a directory

    Hello ,
    I'm trying to solve 2 of my excel problems :

    1. a function or macro that allows to determine which font and/or
    background colour were assigned due to the conditional formatting of a
    cell.
    2. a way to include a hyperlink or a shortcut to a directory that runs
    explorer to open that directory

    any idea's in this usergroup ?

    Peter

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: colour due to conditional formatting & hyperlink/shortcut to a directory

    Peter

    See Chip Pearson's site for answer to number 1

    For number 2.......

    Create a shortcut on your desktop to the folder in question.

    In an Excel cell right-click and create hyperlink to that shortcut.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP