Linking Webpage to Excel Data

  1. #1
    Taier
    Guest

    Linking Webpage to Excel Data

    Hi... I am hoping someone can help me?
    I have a workbook with a huge amount of data in it. This workbook
    feeds a number of other spreadsheets with data. The idea being, when I
    update the main wookbook data, it updates the other spreadsheets
    automatically...

    What I am trying to do is create webpages which do the same thing; the
    webpage needs to be able to read the data in cells in the master
    woorkbook, and display updated information as the workbook is updated.

    I am working with Frontpage on the webpages, and Frontpage extensions
    are enabled on the host server, so there should be some form of
    interactivity... but when I try to save .mht files with interactivity,
    it says it can not link to sources in other files. (The master
    spreadsheet is in the same directory as the webpages.)

    Any ideas or assistance is greatly appreciated!!

  2. #2
    Lee Harris
    Guest

    Re: Linking Webpage to Excel Data

    "Taier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi... I am hoping someone can help me?
    > I have a workbook with a huge amount of data in it. This workbook
    > feeds a number of other spreadsheets with data. The idea being, when I
    > update the main wookbook data, it updates the other spreadsheets
    > automatically...
    >
    > What I am trying to do is create webpages which do the same thing; the
    > webpage needs to be able to read the data in cells in the master
    > woorkbook, and display updated information as the workbook is updated.
    >
    > I am working with Frontpage on the webpages, and Frontpage extensions
    > are enabled on the host server, so there should be some form of
    > interactivity... but when I try to save .mht files with interactivity,
    > it says it can not link to sources in other files. (The master
    > spreadsheet is in the same directory as the webpages.)
    >
    > Any ideas or assistance is greatly appreciated!!

    I can't help but hope someone can - it's something I could make use of in a
    virtual golf leaderboard system!