Entering numbers to get the time

  1. #1
    biegs
    Guest

    Entering numbers to get the time

    I am trying to enter a number such as 15075, so that the result is 1:50.75
    (that is 1 minute 52 seconds and 75 one hundredths of a second).

    Thanks in advance biegs!!!

  2. #2
    Ted
    Guest

    RE: Entering numbers to get the time

    hi, you could try right clicking on the cell you want to display times/dates
    (or highlight the entire area) and select "Format Cells". Under the "Number"
    tab, you can select time, date or 'special' where you can choose different
    options.

    hope this helps.

    Ted.

  3. #3

    Re: Entering numbers to get the time

    Try using the TIME function.

  4. #4
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: Entering numbers to get the time

    Are you looking for a formula that will calculate the time in a
    separate cell?

    If so, the following formula will do:
    =TIME(0, LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-4),MID(RIGHT(A2,4),1,2))+RIGHT(A2,2)/8640000

    Assumption: there will always be two digits for the seconds and
    hundreths of seconds. In other words, we have the format: mm:ss.00. Use
    this format in your destination cell.

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides