How can I get this to function please.

  1. #1
    Steved
    Guest

    How can I get this to function please.

    Hello from Steved

    I have a value in D8 and E8 I would like to combine the both

    If I have only D8 it works fine but when I added E8 as below it does not work.

    =SUMIF($B$43,"Contract Kilometres(Manuals)",'From Charters'!D8:E8)

    Thankyou

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: How can I get this to function please.

    I'm not clear on what you're trying to do. I've only used sumif when the
    range in which I'm searching (the first argument) is structured the same as
    the range which I'm adding (the third). But you've got one cell in the first
    argument and two in the last. If you just want to return the sum of the two
    cells conditionally on the value in b43, you can just use if:
    =if($B$43="Contract Kilometres(Manuals)",sum('From Charters'!D8:E8),0).

  3. #3
    Steved
    Guest

    RE: How can I get this to function please.

    Hello bpeltzer from Steved

    Thanks The formula you gave me is exactly what I required.