Rolling 3 mth Average

  1. #1
    dallin
    Guest

    Rolling 3 mth Average

    I have data like this:
    Jan 100
    feb 200
    mar 300
    apr 500
    may 600
    jun 0
    july 0
    aug 0
    etc.

    This is updated monthly and I would like to calc a 3 mth average each month
    with the new data. One month would drop off another would be added. How do
    I do this in a formula? Thanks.
    --
    thanks, mc

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Rolling 3 mth Average

    Hi

    With your data in A1:B12 enter in cell C3
    =AVERAGE(B1:B3)
    Copy the formula down column C using the fill handle.

    Regards

    Roger Govier