Displaying seconds in hh:mm:ss format

  1. #1
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Displaying seconds in hh:mm:ss format

    I've got a cell with the total number of seconds in it.

    A1 contains the number: 3,157

    This number represents seconds. Is there a format or function that will
    display this in hours-minutes-seconds (hh:mm:ss)?

    Thanks,
    Paul

  2. #2
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: Displaying seconds in hh:mm:ss format

    Paul,
    you need to divide by 86400. The format you seek can be found in
    Format|Cells..., under the Number tab. Choose a Time format.

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Displaying seconds in hh:mm:ss format

    One way:

    XL stores times as fractional days, so to get an XL time, divide seconds
    by the number of seconds in a day:

    =A1/86400

    Format as [h]:mm:ss

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Displaying seconds in hh:mm:ss format

    Try

    =A1/24/60/60

    or

    =A1/86400

    formats as hh:mm:ss

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Displaying seconds in hh:mm:ss format

    In B2 enter =A1/(24*60*60) and you should see 0.036539352
    format as hh:mm:ss and you will see 00:52:37
    Gary's Student

  6. #6
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: Displaying seconds in hh:mm:ss format

    Thank you all.
    It works great!

    Paul

    news:[email protected]...