One worksheet to calulate different items simultaneously

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    One worksheet to calulate different items simultaneously

    I have one worksheet (WORKSHEET 1) that I use to calculate the price of a
    product.
    This worksheet needs manual input from 13 cells to calculate the end result.

    Now I want to create a second overview worksheet (WORKSHEET 2) that lists
    all the products with their price.

    The overview worksheet should look like a table with many rows.
    On each row I want to enter the input data. This data is used by WORKSHEET 1
    to calculate the price of each product.

    WORKSHEET 1 reads the input data from the first row in WORKSHEET 2 and
    displays the price in WORKSHEET 2
    Then it reads the input data from the second row in WORKSHEET 2 and displays
    the price in WORKSHEET 2
    etc. etc.

    Anybody go a clue on how to do this?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: One worksheet to calulate different items simultaneously

    What you need is the Data>Table command; this does exactly what you require,
    albeit in one sheet. But of course you can copy the table to another sheet.
    Take some time to read HELP; some people find the instructions not too
    straightforward.
    Post again in this thread if you still have problems.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John
    Guest

    Re: One worksheet to calulate different items simultaneously

    Hi Niek,

    This works, but only for one or two different input variables.
    What if I have more variables, like in my case 13?

    John

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: One worksheet to calulate different items simultaneously

    You need only one variable: the line number in your table with input
    "records"
    Just extract all the variables from a table with the line number as INDEX().

  5. #5
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: One worksheet to calulate different items simultaneously

    It works for as many as you require, as long as they fit on one worksheet.
    In your case, don't try to use a two-dimensioned table, just use a
    one-dimensioned one.
    Each line of input is one row of "food" for the formulas in your worksheet,
    and generates one or more answers on that same row.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten