entering date functions

  1. #1
    Gail
    Guest

    entering date functions

    I would like to set up my worksheet so that I can enter a date in one cell
    and make the next cell automatically be dated for 30 days later and the next
    for 60 and so on. Is there a function I can program to set this up? If so
    what is it?

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: entering date functions

    =a1+30 will return a date 30 days after the date in a1. It may not look like
    a date at first; if not, then just Format > Cells, select the Number tab,
    the Date category and choose the format you want. Dates (and times) in Excel
    are just specially formatted numbers. Days are the integer part, times are
    the fraction.

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: entering date functions

    Hi Gail

    With your start Date in A1, format cells B1 and C1 with the same Date format.
    In B1 =A1+30
    In C1 =A1+60

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  4. #4
    Gail
    Guest

    Re: entering date functions

    Thank you that was easy enough

  5. #5
    Gail

  6. #6
    Gail
    Guest

    RE: entering date functions

    Can I use the formula for an entire row? Or do I need to do each cell
    individually>

  7. #7
    Gail
    Guest

    RE: entering date functions

    Can I use the formula in an entire row or do I have to do each one seperately

  8. #8
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: entering date functions

    Hi Gail

    In B1
    =$A$1+(Column()-1)*30
    Drag across through C1:Z1 or as far as you wish.

    Do you really want to keep incrementing by 30 days, or were you trying to
    find a way of increasing each month?
    If the latter, then in B1
    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)
    Drag across as before.