Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation

  1. #1
    carl
    Guest

    Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation

    Is there a way to stop the calculation in the worksheet ?

    Some of my worksheets take a while to calculate and occaisionally I need to
    stop them to attend to something else.

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation

    Carl,

    No. Kill the Excel process, or just wait.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Guru
    North America
    MS-Off Ver
    2002/XP and 2007
    Posts
    15,802
    In my copy of Excel (2002), if I use the mouse or the arrow keys to select a different cell, it will usually halt calculation (sometimes there's a delay), put "Calculate" in the status bar, and wait until I leave the cursor still for short time, then will restart calculating.

    If this is a frequent annoyance, you may consider setting calculation to manual (Tools-> Options->Calculation->check manual).