counting the number of times something is bought during a month

  1. #1

    counting the number of times something is bought during a month

    I need to do a report that lists the number of Items that I have purchased in a given month. The things that I buy are listed in different excel workbooks. It lists the date of purchase such as 11/12/2005. I am trying to get my report to count the number items that were bought in the month of November. I have tried the countif funcion but can't figure on how to get it to count a range of dates. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: counting the number of times something is bought during a month

    You could count the number on/after 11/1 and subtract the number on/after 12/1:
    =COUNTIF(a:a,">="&DATE(2005,11,1))-COUNTIF(a:a,">="&DATE(2005,12,1))
    --Bruce