Pivot Table Subtotals - Difference

  1. #1
    Marcotte A
    Guest

    Pivot Table Subtotals - Difference

    I'm using a pivot table to compare sales data from 2004 to 2005 on a weekly
    basis for several items and locations. (Location and Items are in rows,
    weeks and years are in columns). By default it added a sum of the sales for
    2004 and 2005 for each week. I would like to see the difference (2005 -
    2004) instead. This doesn't appear to be supported by Excel.

    Has anyone figured out a work-around? Or am I missing an obvious
    'difference' sub-total option?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor Lotus123's Avatar
    Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    Not sure if you have looked at it yet, but if you right-click on a pivottable and choose Field Settings you will see a bunch of options for types of sums and variances. I saw several options for "difference" and "% difference" as compared to other fields. Hope that gives you something to tinker with.

  3. #3
    Marcotte A
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Subtotals - Difference

    I know the option you are referring to, but the only choices for subtotal
    that I have are: Sum, Count, Average, Max, Min, Product, CountNums, StdDev,
    StdDevp, Var, and Varp. Is there a plug-in I need to install perhaps, to get
    the difference option?