How do I do an amortization schedule knowing the princ, int rate,.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    cfspahn24
    Guest

    How do I do an amortization schedule knowing the princ, int rate,.

    How to get an amortization schedule knowing principle, APR, and payment
    amount? I want to know how long it will take to pay off using different pmt
    amoynts.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How do I do an amortization schedule knowing the princ, int rate,.

    Checkout:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...197771033.aspx
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    cfspahn24
    Guest

    RE: How do I do an amortization schedule knowing the princ, int ra

    This template only works when you already know the loan period.

  4. #4
    Bruno Campanini
    Guest

    Re: How do I do an amortization schedule knowing the princ, int rate,.

    "cfspahn24" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How to get an amortization schedule knowing principle, APR, and payment
    > amount? I want to know how long it will take to pay off using different
    > pmt
    > amoynts.

    Given:
    C = Principle
    P = Payment
    i = interest
    n = months or quarters or years, etc
    (i must be related to n)

    P - C i
    Log -----------
    n = ----------------------
    1
    Log ----------
    1 + i

    I don't know how/if Excel handles this formula.
    For finacial calculations I do normally use
    mathematical formulas.

    Ciao
    Bruno

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: How do I do an amortization schedule knowing the princ, int ra

    Bruce's formula is correct. I am not sure if there is a direct formula that
    returns period, but:

    put 5 in A1 (years)
    put 8% in B1 (rate)
    put 100 in C1 (payment)
    put 0 in D1 (type)
    put =PV(B1/12,A1*12,-C1,0,0) in E1 (amount financed)

    you will see $4,931.84 in E1. Since you want to calculate the years and not
    the amount financed), then click on E1 and pull-down:

    Tools > Goal Seek... and enter your desired amount inthe value field and A1
    in the changing field.

    You will now have the payoff time.
    --
    Gary's Student

  6. #6
    cfspahn24
    Guest

    Re: How do I do an amortization schedule knowing the princ, int ra

    Thank you gentlmen, you have been most helpful!