Cell Formula or Cell Input

  1. #1
    Rick
    Guest

    Cell Formula or Cell Input

    I currently have a cell that has the folowing formula
    =SUMIF(B13:B28,10,P13:P28)

    Is there a way for this cell to allow a manually input value and if none
    then utilize the above formula for an automatic cell value?

    What would the formula be?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Cell Formula or Cell Input

    Try this:
    If the input cell is A1 . . .
    =SUMIF(B13:B28,IF(ISBLANK(A1),10,A1),P13:P28)

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    Rick
    Guest

    RE: Cell Formula or Cell Input

    Ron
    I may be doing something incorrect...it didn't work. I may not have clearly
    defined my problem. Is it possible to have a formula in a cell and also be
    able to make a manual entry in the same cell without losing the formula?

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Cell Formula or Cell Input

    Not with out-of-box functionality.
    You could write a vba program to alter Excel's behavior for that cell if yuo
    really needed to.

    Regards,
    Ron