I get error messages in Excel cells once I save a file

  1. #1
    JeffJake
    Guest

    I get error messages in Excel cells once I save a file

    When I open a certain Excel spreadsheet from an e-mail attachment, all cells
    operate fine, and all calculations work. Once I save the file on my
    computer, and re-open it, I get a lot of #NAME? errors. These seem to refer
    to cell names that don't exist in my file, like worksheets that may have been
    removed from the file before it was sent to me. How do I save the data
    correctly, without the error messages appearing?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I get error messages in Excel cells once I save a file

    Jeff

    Look at the cells with #NAME? errors.

    They may contain Functions from the Analysis Toolpak or User Defined Functions
    that are stored in a workbook or add-in not available.

    Go to Tools>Add-ins and checkmark Analysis Toolpak>OK

    Then do F9 re-calculate.

    Post back with your findings.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP