[SOLVED] How do I disable "Get Pivot Data" when working from pivot tables?

  1. #1
    Frustrated excel 2003 user
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How do I disable "Get Pivot Data" when working from pivot tables?

    Excel 2003 does not allow me to work from a pivot table in the same way Excel
    2000 did. When pointing and clicking to a cell in a pivot table, the formula
    is returned as "get pivot data" and actually goes to the pivot table data,
    rather than the cell that I have clicked. I am no longer able to copy and
    paste this. I would like to disable this function and return to the
    functionally that I had in version 2000.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How do I disable "Get Pivot Data" when working from pivot tables?

    Try this:
    Goto Tools>Customize>Commands
    Category:Data
    Drag the GetPivotData Icon at the bottom of the list to to one of your
    toolbars.

    Double-click on the icon to toggle GetPivotData on and off

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Minor Clarificaton

    Actually, the icon name is Generate GetPivotData and you click it (not
    double-click) to toggle.

    Regards,
    Ron