Count Number of Times Something appears

  1. #1
    Mark B
    Guest

    Count Number of Times Something appears

    On Sheet 1, I want to put a formula in ColA that tells the number of times
    ColB occurs in Sheet 2, ColA. THANKS!

    Sheet 1 Sheet 2
    ColA ColB ColA
    A401 A401
    A402 A401
    A403 A402
    A404 A402
    A405 A403
    A404
    A404
    A405

  2. #2
    John Michl
    Guest

    Re: Count Number of Times Something appears

    Use the CountIF function.

    - John

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count Number of Times Something appears

    =COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B1)

    etc.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Mark B
    Guest

    Re: Count Number of Times Something appears

    > =COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B1)

    Thanks Bob, that's great...

  5. #5
    FinRazel
    Guest

    Re: Count Number of Times Something appears

    Hey Mark,
    If you want to give Bob the credit, you should mark this question "answered."
    --
    Anne Murray

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count Number of Times Something appears

    Where I am Anne, the public newsgroups, there is no such concept :-)).

    RP

    news:[email protected]...