IF statement for a column

  1. #1

    IF statement for a column

    I am using the following if statement:

    I want to paste that formula for the entire column, which I think I have done correctly and the cell references change the wale they are suppose to, BUT instead of being blank the way they should be, they come up and say #VALUE. Now when I enter numbers in the reference columns the addition works correctly, but why is the #VALUE coming up?

    Thanks, Chester

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: IF statement for a column

    ISBLANK returns TRUE if there is nothing in the cell. If there is a formula
    which returns blank, the cell is not blank and ISBLANK returns FALSE. The
    same for a space..
    Maybe you should use =""

    --
    Kind regards,