Reading Cell Function???

  1. #1
    roy.okinawa
    Guest

    Reading Cell Function???

    I have this formula in cell I: =IF(H228>K228,"Past TAT","")

    I Have this formula in cell H: =IF(OR(Y228<>"",W228=""),"",TODAY()-W228)

    Here is the problem: Even though cell H is blank because no date has yet
    been added to cell W, cell I keeps showing "Past TAT." It seems that the
    cell I sees something in cell H, but it is blank other than the formula that
    is not seen.

    When I hit the delete key while in cell H, the Past TAT in cell I
    disappears, however, then I hit the space bar and the Past TAT reappears.
    But now there is no number or formula in cell H. So I am not sure what is
    going on.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Reading Cell Function???

    This is because the cell is not empty, and your test does not cater for
    this.

    Try this

    =IF(AND(LEN(H228)<>0,H228>K228),"Past TAT","")

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    roy.okinawa
    Guest

    Re: Reading Cell Function???

    That did it. I learned something new today.

    Thanks.