Birthday date formula?

  1. #1
    Marty
    Guest

    Birthday date formula?

    About a year ago I found a formula to calculate the number of years, months and days a person had lived just by typing in their birthdate. ie. 13 Jan 1927 cal: 77years, 11months, 3days. Does anyone know what it may be? Thanks.

  2. #2
    JMay
    Guest

    Re: Birthday date formula?

    in cell b4 enter:

    =DATEDIF(A4,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A4,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " &DATEDIF(A4,NOW(),"md") & " days old"

    HTH

  3. #3
    JMay
    Guest

    Re: Birthday date formula?

    What the "heck" is causing this "stacking" of a pasted formula?
    Computers, always agrevating you somehow,,, go figure..
    This hase been happening since I moved from Win 98 to Win XP (Home).
    hummmmm

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Birthday date formula?

    See:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
    --
    Gary''s Student

  5. #5
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Birthday date formula?

    visit www.cpearson.com

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  6. #6
    Marty
    Guest

    Re: Birthday date formula?

    Thanks to all.

  7. #7

    Re: Birthday date formula?

    Could it be that you're not posting in plain text?

  8. #8
    JMay
    Guest

    Re: Birthday date formula?

    Thanks Dave;
    Checked my Ooutlook Express settings Tools,Options
    Send tab, and Newsgroups is set to "Plain text"
    Message format -- UUencode checked, versus
    MIMe -- whatever that means...??
    Tks,
    Jim

    news:[email protected]...