Indirect formula using Data Validation List of Worksheet Tabs

  1. #1
    Scott
    Guest

    Indirect formula using Data Validation List of Worksheet Tabs

    I am not sure if I am using the correct function. I have 14 separate
    worksheets. Each worksheet represents a specific project and uses the same
    data range as all of the other worksheets.

    I want to use a drop down list of all the different project names. A
    formula will use the value selected from the drop down and return the value
    on that worksheet in a specified cell.

    ie. Worksheet names: Alpha, Beta, Cappa

    Alpha cell $a$1 = 500
    Beta cell $a$1 = 100
    Cappa cell $a$1 = 200
    ******************
    Reporting Summary Worksheet
    Drop down selection: Beta

    Formula returns: 100

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Indirect formula using Data Validation List of Worksheet Tabs

    Assuming that your DV is in cell C2, use

    =INDIRECT("'"&C2&"'!A1")

    RP

    news:[email protected]...