Conditional Display

  1. #1
    Bampah
    Guest

    Conditional Display

    I have made a sheet for show ticket sales
    Col A =3D Ticket No.
    Col B =3D Name
    Col C =3D Ticket Cost (=A36)
    Col D =3D Paid.

    Also Col C shows =A36 in every row due to the function =3DIF(D1>3,0,6)
    I would only like the =A36 to be shown in C1 if there is text in B1. OTW
    it is
    to remain blank.
    I've tried everything to achieve this but can't.
    Over to you please

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Display

    Hi!

    Tyr this:

    =IF(ISTEXT(B1),IF(D1>3,0,6),"")

    Biff

    "Bampah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    I have made a sheet for show ticket sales
    Col A = Ticket No.
    Col B = Name
    Col C = Ticket Cost (£6)
    Col D = Paid.

    Also Col C shows £6 in every row due to the function =IF(D1>3,0,6)
    I would only like the £6 to be shown in C1 if there is text in B1. OTW

  3. #3
    Bampah
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Display

    Thanks Biff

    I actually sorted it out myself straight after I posted my plea for
    help.

    I used this formula

    IF(D1>3,0,IF(B1<>"",6,0))

    I ahve tried your answer and it works fine also with one strange
    result.
    When I pasted it into cell C1 it merged cells C1 & C2....bizarre.

    Thanks again