Calculation of hourly rate times hours times 1.5

  1. #1
    Newbusinessbod
    Guest

    Calculation of hourly rate times hours times 1.5

    I am using excel to work out a simple sheet to send to payroll. I wanted to
    iout the normal rate of pay in one box, then the hours. This then calculates
    the wage. However i do not know how to do the same for time and a half. If i
    was to input 20 hours in time and a half i would need it to x the hourly rate
    then x 1.5 but i cannot get it to perform the function. Please help!
    eg. £9.60x20hrsx1.5
    Thanks
    Hayley.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Calculation of hourly rate times hours times 1.5

    Hi

    With Hourly rate in A1, standard hours in B1, overtime hours in C1
    =B1*A1+C1*A1*1.5
    will return the total pay for all hours worked

    Regards

    Roger Govier