sumif function

  1. #1
    AHANG JJJ
    Guest

    sumif function

    What is the syntax for sumif function with two criteria range and two criteria?

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    Use a different function ... SumProduct().

    =SumProduct((A1:A100=criteria1)*(B1:B100=criteria2)*C1:C100)
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    SUMIF and COUNTIF allow for only one criterion. You need array formulas or
    SUMPRODUCT if you have multiple criteria. See the other response for one way.

  4. #4
    oomyoo
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    I have something like this:

    A B C D

    jim 4 jim 2
    cathy 2 cathy 4
    mary 5 mary 3

    I would like to sum the values in B and D that corresponds to jim. I tried
    =sumproduct((criteria1)*(criteria2)*(range B,D)), but this doesn't work. Any
    help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    Try...

    =SUMIF(A1:C3,"Jim",B1:D3)

    Hope this helps!

  6. #6
    oomyoo
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    nope, didn't work...

    I should get a value of 6, but I'm only getting 4. Any other ideas?

  7. #7
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    =SUMIF(A1:A3,"Jim",B1:B3) + SUMIF(C1:C3,"Jim",D1:D3)

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    oomyoo
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    i was thinking complicated instead of simple... thanks!

  9. #9
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: sumif function

    The formula definitely returns the correct amount. Can you post the
    exact formula you're using?