Excel - create button to replace cell content with cell value

  1. #1
    blackmot
    Guest

    Excel - create button to replace cell content with cell value

    I frequently wish to replace the formulas in a cell(s) with the values.
    Currently this requires several steps. Although I could shorten this by
    creating a macro, I would suggest that this is a common operation for many
    users and creation of a standard function for this would be valuable. Many
    users could not create the required macro.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel - create button to replace cell content with cell value

    That's far too dangerous, if you can live with ctrl + C and then click on an
    icon you can do view>toolbars>customize and in the commands tab
    select edit under categories and under commands scroll down to an icon with
    12 on it and drag it to the menu, then close the customize window
    However having an icon that would turn formulas into values with just a
    click is not good IMHO

    Peo Sjoblom

    "blackmot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I frequently wish to replace the formulas in a cell(s) with the values.
    > Currently this requires several steps. Although I could shorten this by
    > creating a macro, I would suggest that this is a common operation for many
    > users and creation of a standard function for this would be valuable.

    Many
    > users could not create the required macro.
    >
    > ----------------

    this

  3. #3
    blackmot
    Guest

    Re: Excel - create button to replace cell content with cell value

    That is what Ctrl-Z is for. I use it extensively Just don't save without
    thinking about whether you are happy with it or not.

  4. #4
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: Excel - create button to replace cell content with cell value

    Ctrl_Z will not work after running a macro, thus you have to rethink
    Peo's comments.
    Still, if you want a macro which will replace all formulas of a
    selection to values, use this:

    Sub FormulasToValues()
    ' Assumes the desired range has been selected first
    Dim c as Range
    For each c in Selection
    c.FormulaR1C1 = c.Value
    next c