finding redundant data

  1. #1
    eternal_cat via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    finding redundant data

    how can i see if i have two records in my spreadsheet that are the same? I
    have over 60,000 rows of data.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: finding redundant data

    One way ..

    Assuming the key col is col A, with data in A2 down

    Use an empty col to the right, say col E
    Put in E2: =IF(A2="","",IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)>1,"x",1))
    Copy E2 down to last row of data in col A

    Col E will return a "1" for the 1st instances of data in col A,
    "x" for any duplicates thereafter

    Do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on col E
    To see/filter out the duplicates,
    select "x" from the autofilter droplist in E1
    --
    Rgds
    Max