To create formula to add 3 years and subtract 1 day from a date?

  1. #1
    rostroncarlyle
    Guest

    To create formula to add 3 years and subtract 1 day from a date?

    I would like to be able to create a formula for an Excel worksheet using a
    list of dates and then subtracting one day and adding 3 years, 2 years, 2
    years 3 months, 2 years 6 months and 3 years less 1 week to their respective
    columns

    For example, 11.10.2005 is given date
    Then 10.10.2008, 10.10.2007, 10.01.008 and 03.10.2008

  2. #2
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: To create formula to add 3 years and subtract 1 day from a date?

    If you have the Analysis Toolpak addin installed you could use the edate
    function which allows you to add months to a date. For subtracting days
    and weeks just use -1 or -7 etc. So if you had 11.10.2005 in A1:
    =EDATE(A1,36)-1
    would return 10.10.2008.

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  3. #3
    rostroncarlyle
    Guest

    Re: To create formula to add 3 years and subtract 1 day from a dat

    Many thanks. I looked at a variety of questions and responses and have
    solved my problem. Your response put me on the right track though. I now
    havea column of figures that keeps changing into date mode without being
    formatted as a date. How do I keep this column as numbers only, please?
    It stays as numbers if I put alpha letters in front but I would prefer to use
    just numbers?