I would like to count the # of times a value occurs in Col B base

  1. #1
    shopaholic
    Guest

    I would like to count the # of times a value occurs in Col B base

    I have 2 colums - satisfaction rating (Col A), and importance rating (Col B)

    I would like to count the # of times a value occurs in Col B based on its
    related value in Col A

    That is, for example, count the number of occurences of a high importance,
    but low satisfaction.

    Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: I would like to count the # of times a value occurs in Col B base

    Same formula as in your previous question, but let's not hard code the
    variables.
    Designate particular cells to contain the criteria, so that you can easily
    change them without having to revise the formula itself.

    Previous formula:

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="High")*(B1:B100="High"))

    So, let's say you use C1 for the Column A criteria, and C2 for the Column B
    criteria:

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=C1)*(B1:B100=C2))

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    shopaholic
    Guest

    Re: I would like to count the # of times a value occurs in Col B b

    Thanks so much. Thats perfect!

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: I would like to count the # of times a value occurs in Col B b

    You're welcome.
    Thanks for the feed-back.

    RD