how to add a drag-down list box in Excel

  1. #1
    lili
    Guest

    how to add a drag-down list box in Excel

    does anyone know how to add a drag -down list box and if I choos a from my
    list, it will give 1 to cell B1, If I choose b from my list, it will give 2
    to the same cell B1, and so on. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jay
    Guest

    RE: how to add a drag-down list box in Excel

    All you have to do is use data validation for the drop down box in A1 and
    then in cell B2 use =LOOKUP(lookup_value,lookup_vector,result_vector).