can i recover a file i didnt save nor have i closed out?

  1. #1
    collin
    Guest

    can i recover a file i didnt save nor have i closed out?

    After 7 hours my husband finally had completed his buisness worksheet. He
    does quite remember what he did except excell worksheet was now the same way
    it was before he put all the inf. can he somehow bring back ? We have not
    closed out the file.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: can i recover a file i didnt save nor have i closed out?

    Was it a new workbook or an existing workbook?

    At no time in that 7 hours did your husband save the workbook?

    Perhaps he just switched to another worksheet in that workbook?

    Perhaps he just scrolled away from the range of data and it is out of sight?

    If he somehow erased the data he is out of luck unless he tries "undo" to see
    if last change can be restored.

    If none of the above, he is in for another 7 hours of keyboarding.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    wjohnson
    Guest

    Re: can i recover a file i didnt save nor have i closed out?

    One other thing he might try is to use the 'SAVE AS" and give the "OPEN"
    File a different name. Then look at the old file and see what is there.

    --
    wjohnson
    wjohnson's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m390