How do I change the end cell (Ctrl end) in a excel spreadsheet?

  1. #1
    tusk
    Guest

    How do I change the end cell (Ctrl end) in a excel spreadsheet?

    I import data into an Excel spreadsheet.
    If I go to the end of the spreasheet (by pressing CTRL End) I am on line 5,000
    I then delete approx. 500 lines.

    The end of my data is now on line 4,500, but when I press CTRL End it still
    goes to line 5,000, but my totals are all on line 4,500, and there are 500
    blank lines between the end of my data and the CTRL End point.

    Can I change the place where CTRL end takes me to?

    Many thanks.

  2. #2
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the end cell (Ctrl end) in a excel spreadsheet?

    If you just delete the data in the 500 rows, the last row will not be
    reset. You need to use Edit | Delete | Entire Rows and this should
    reset the counter to 4,500.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the end cell (Ctrl end) in a excel spreadsheet?

    tusk, have a look here for the way to change the "last cell",

    http://www.contextures.com/Unused

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003