The last column in my word document contains both text and number

  1. #1
    Ishta
    Guest

    The last column in my word document contains both text and number

    The last column in my word document (table) contains both text and numbers
    (date) in the same row. When copied to excel, the date is put in a different
    row from that of text. This creates an unnecessary row just for the date. I
    would like excel to split date into a different column of the same row. I
    could have wanted word to split date from text, but the word document is not
    mine, I cannot alter it's presentation.

  2. #2
    Scott Wagner
    Guest

    RE: The last column in my word document contains both text and number

    Take a look at your available "Paste Special" when you have this table data
    in your clipboard. Try some of the different options. If one of them pastes
    the table data merged you can use LEFT() or RIGHT() or "Data", "Text to
    Columns..." to seperate as needed.

  3. #3
    Ishta
    Guest

    RE: The last column in my word document contains both text and num

    Scott
    When pasted to excel, the data appears in 2 different rows therefore
    presenting this problem.
    Ishmael