compare 2 columns

  1. #1
    BettysAnswer
    Guest

    compare 2 columns

    Using Excel 2003, need to compare column B on spreadsheet 1 to column C on
    spreadsheet 2 and get results if a match is found. In column B the name
    Betty appears, I want to know if it appears anywhere in column C on the other
    spreadsheet.

  2. #2
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    RE: compare 2 columns

    Something like this maybe:

    =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$C$1:$C$8,B1)>0,B1 & " Found on Sheet2!","")

    --
    Kevin Vaughn