Combine information about products from 2 spreadsheets

  1. #1

    Combine information about products from 2 spreadsheets

    Hi Everybody, thank you in advance for your help

    I am trying to two seperate spreadsheets into one. The spreadsheets are two different versions of the same list. One is older and one is newer. The spreadsheets look like this.

    Spreadsheet 1

    SKU #_______Category_______Keyword

    123_________(Blank)________Preschool
    234_________(Blank)________Classroom

    etc...

    Spreadsheet 2 (This is the newer spreadsheet and it contains new products that are not in the old spreadsheet.)

    SKU #_______Category_______Keyword

    123_________School_________(Blank)
    234_________School_________(Blank)
    345_________School_________(Blank) >New product not in Spreadsheet 1

    I need to merge these two spreadsheets, to get the category data, and the keyword data into the same spreadsheet. As well as this, I need the new products that are only in spreadsheet 2 and do not have a match in spreadsheet 1 to show up in the merged spreadsheet as well. Can anybody help me out with this. Thank you very much.

    Will Taylor

  2. #2
    Roland
    Guest

    RE: Combine information about products from 2 spreadsheets

    On your spreadsheet with the new data, do a VOOKUP of the SKU's against the
    SKU's on the old data. A #N/A will be returned for the new items.

    =VLOOKUP(new_sku_cell,range_of_old_sku's,1,false)