Sumproduct: Formula is finicky

  1. #1
    Mike C
    Guest

    Sumproduct: Formula is finicky

    Hi there.
    I have a cell that contains one long sumproduct formula. It is basically
    combining 3 results into 1 cell with a "/" separating them. This formula is
    repeated 448 times For the past week the formulas have worked great, but
    today they only return "#N/A". My process for updating the data hasn't
    changed nor has the data.

    Now if I retype the formula and press enter, I get a correct result.

    Why in the world is Excel forcing me to retype the exact same formula in the
    exact same cell without any changes and then giving me a result? This is
    immensly frustrating.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct: Formula is finicky

    <Any ideas?>

    Not really, except of course I suspect you "do" have changed data or
    formulas <g>.

    I'd try to rebuild the dependency tree with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9

    Another way of "re-entering" your formulas is to find all "=" and replace by
    "="

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike C
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct: Formula is finicky

    I appreciate the help, although both suggestions were tried and the same
    result occured.
    I noticed that when in the original file, if I introduce the new data in
    smaller ranges, it doesn't blast my tables with "#N/A". You may have a point
    about the data being modified.

    --
    Thanks,
    Mike

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct: Formula is finicky

    #N/A is usually returned when the range sizes are not the same.

    Bob Phillips

  5. #5
    Mike C
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct: Formula is finicky

    I got it.
    This is really dumb...but it turned out that one of my vlookup values
    returned an #N/A, which strangely enough, rendered the whole set of tables as
    #N/A.
    Go figure...
    --
    Thanks,