how to write function to find max deviation from specific number .

  1. #1
    barbdee
    Guest

    how to write function to find max deviation from specific number .

    how do I write a function to find the maximum deviation from a specific
    number (say 25, for example) in a worksheet of numbers above and below 25
    (say cells d7:r249, for example)

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: how to write function to find max deviation from specific number .

    Hi!

    Try this:

    A1 = 25

    =MAX(ABS(MAX(D7:R249)-A1),ABS(MIN(D7:R249)-A1))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: how to write function to find max deviation from specific number .

    =MAX(ABS(D7:R249-25))
    array entered (Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

    Jerry