Graphing error using Time as X axis.

  1. #1

    Graphing error using Time as X axis.

    I have an application in which I import data into excel and then graph it on the y axis with the x axis being system time. I actually graph 3 Y values at once using a list selector.

    When I begin importing data, I have a time column which the graph uses to get the x axis. This is a time of day so it will read x:xx PM/AM. However, for some reason when I start the data collection, the x axis time wont change past 12:00 AM. As a matter of fact, it says 12:00AM there for all values even before I start graphing, and it never changes.

    At one point this was working, but I made a few minor changes (which i can't recall) and now it has stopped working. I have also double and triple checked my ranges to make sure I am reading from the proper cells.

    Has anyone ever experienced this or know why this is doing this?

  2. #2
    Satyanadh Kolluri
    Guest

    RE: Graphing error using Time as X axis.

    Hi Pate,

    Try these steps.

    Change the x axis values to the formula =NOW(), so that it will call the
    current system date&time and it will appear in the Graph. If you would like
    to have only the Time to appear you select the Format (Menu) -> Cells ->
    Number (TAB) -> Time. Select the Format which you prefer.

    Thanks,
    Satya

  3. #3
    This is what I have.

    The VB macro uses Now() to pull the time when it gets to that point in the program. It is displaying on the spreadsheet, but it wont transfer over to the graph for some reason.