Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays

  1. #1
    ronnomad
    Guest

    Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays

    We work in a 24/7 environment. I calculate production for a seven days
    schedule but, we do close for holidays. Networkdays, by default, excludes
    weekends when calculating. I do not see any other date fuction that will
    calculate the workdays, include weekends and exclude the days we are closed..
    Does anyone have a work-around or another solution?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays

    Ron,

    With a list of your holidays in column A, entered as dates, (and nothign else in column A), you
    could use a formula like

    =C2-B2-(COUNTIF(A:A,">=" & B2)-COUNTIF(A:A,">" &C2))

    where B2 has the start date and C2 has the end date. Note that you may want to add 1 to the
    result....

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ronnomad
    Guest

    Re: Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays

    Bernie,

    Thanks for the work-around. I'll try it but, based on your answer I'll
    elaborate on my question. I look at inventory availablity and use a simple
    formula to determine how many days of production I can get. I then convert
    the days into a Day/Date format so that I can issue a report saying
    "Production Through Sunday December 25, 2005".

    What I am really trying to do is add the number of days of production
    availablity for those days that we are closed. So, in the example, instead
    of production through 12/25, production is realy through 01/04/06 because we
    are closed 12/22-12/26 and again 12/30-1/3.

    Networkdays would do this if I could count weekends.

    As an aside, I have also worked with 123 and, in 123 the Networkdays allowed
    the user to determine which days of the week to count (or not count).

    Thanks,

    Ron

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays

    Bernie's formula does that.

    Assuming the holiday dates are in column A and the date to check is in B2,

    ="Production Through "&TEXT(B2,"dddd dd mmmm yyyy")&" =
    "&B21-TODAY()-(COUNTIF(A:A,">=" & TODAY())-COUNTIF(A:A,">" &B2))

    Bob Phillips

  5. #5
    ronnomad
    Guest

    Re: Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays

    Bernie, Bob,

    Thanks, both of you. I'll try the solutions later today and post another
    reply.

    Ron