Calculating a colmun to total a 40 hour work week

  1. #1
    Harley mom
    Guest

    Calculating a colmun to total a 40 hour work week

    I have done a time sheet in excell. the columns are Employee name, Time in,
    Time out, Total Hours,- 30 Minute lunch,total hours worked for the day. I am
    now trying to total the number of hours worked for this employee for the
    week. I did auto sum but the number will not go past 24. How can i get this
    total for the week. I have the cell formatted as follows
    Format>cells>Number>Custom{h}:mm . Here is what my colmun looks like. i
    should have a total of 48:50 what am i doing wrong

    10:30
    0:00
    10:15
    0:00
    0:00
    10:00
    9:00
    8:00
    23:45

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a colmun to total a 40 hour work week

    the format should be

    [h]:mm

    at least in a US English version.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Harley mom
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a colmun to total a 40 hour work week

    I only have [h]:mm:ss. is there a way to elimenate the seconds.

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Calculating a colmun to total a 40 hour work week

    Go to the Format menu, choose Cells, then the Number tab. In the
    Category list, choose Custom and enter [h]:mm in the Type text
    box.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson