Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

  1. #1
    Warwick Everett
    Guest

    Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

    Hello.

    I would like, if possible to set up an automatic link so that sales data
    that I have on one sheet is automatically copied into a different sheet.

    Is this possible and if so can anybody help me with some instructions please?
    --
    Regards, Warwick

  2. #2
    tomeck
    Guest

    RE: Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

    Maybe I don't understand your question, but can't you just set the cell in
    sheet2 equal to the cell in sheet one you want duplicated?

    ='sheet1'!B3 where sheet1 is the name of the first sheet and B3 is the cell
    reference.

  3. #3
    Allewyn
    Guest

    RE: Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

    Here's what I do if it will help you:
    Select the cell in the new sheet you want copied data to appear in.
    Type = in that cell
    Click the original sheet tab and selct the cell you want data copied from
    Hit return
    The copied data should appear in the new sheet. It will also carry any
    changes from the original sheet.

  4. #4
    Warwick Everett
    Guest

    RE: Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

    Thanks very much Tomeck.

    That has worked. My understanding of Excel is very basic so being able to
    seek help from people like yourself is very useful.

    Happy Christmas
    --
    Regards, Warwick

  5. #5
    Warwick Everett
    Guest

    RE: Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

    Thanks Allewyn.

    I am an Excel novice so I really appreciate the help.
    --
    Regards, Warwick

  6. #6
    Allewyn
    Guest

    RE: Linking Data from 1 sheet to another sheet

    Anytime