Month day confusion

  1. #1
    VPH
    Guest

    Month day confusion

    When working with worksheets from other countries Excell will confuse month
    and days. How can I correct this - change what excell thinks is a month to a
    day - and vise versa.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Month day confusion

    Excel does not confuse them. The dates are stored as numbers, and
    represented according to the formatting.
    This formatting may be "wrong" for you: Format>Cells>Date, pick a format you
    like.

    There are exceptions. If you import csv files for instance, or in certain
    cases if you fill your cells from VBA.

    For "normal" worksheet use, however, just reformatting should do.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...