Averages

  1. #1
    Jimenda
    Guest

    Averages

    I have 55 worksheets in a file, they are all formatted the same way. Each
    sheet has totals entered for individuals by catagory and by date. I would
    like to create a new worksheet that I can display totals and averages from
    the data on the other 55 sheets. Is there a way I can achieve this short of
    typing out all the locations for each sum or average?
    --
    Thank You & God Bless,

    Jimenda

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Averages

    If you're consistently pulling data from the same place on each sheet, you
    could use indirect and address. For example, if you want to pull data from
    Sheet2 cell E1, you could put 'Sheet2' in cell A2, then the formula
    =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,5,,,A2)) in cell B2. Fill column A with additional sheet
    names and autofill column B with the formula. So you'd have to enter each
    sheet name once, but then you could reference it in multiple such INDIRECT
    formulas.
    HTH. --Bruce