How do I create a random sample from a list?

  1. #1
    swrath
    Guest

    How do I create a random sample from a list?

    I have a list of inputs and need to be able to fill empty cells with samples
    from that list in a random fashion without replacement.

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a random sample from a list?

    With your data list in Y1 to Y25,
    Enter in Z1:
    =RAND()
    And copy down to Z25.

    Then try this formula anywhere:

    =INDEX($Y$1:$Y$25,RANK(Z1,$Z$1:$Z$25))

    And copy down 25 rows ... OR less if need be.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...