Is there a function to copy an entire worksheet?

  1. #1

    Is there a function to copy an entire worksheet?

    Hello,

    I have been asked to create a worksheet in which there is some sort of button/condition that can be selected which will then copy all of the information in the worksheet to another specified worksheet in another workbook. Basically it needs to be a test worksheet template in which the user can make some sort of selection to have all the information logged into the sheet copied over to a subsequent worksheet without having to go through copying/pasting or resaving by themselves. Is there any way to do this? Thanks,

    Nick

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Is there a function to copy an entire worksheet?

    ONe way would be to just save a copy of the file under a new name....then
    change whatever data is required......

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Is there a function to copy an entire worksheet?

    Hi

    Here is a procedure, which copies values along with sheet formatting to new
    workbook. All links and buttons are removed. The archive folder address is
    stored in cell H4 on same worksheet.

    Public Sub Archive()
    ActiveSheet.Select
    ActiveSheet.Copy
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="***"
    ActiveSheet.Buttons.Delete
    ' deleting links and address of archive folder from sheet header
    Range("G2:H4").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("A5:P39").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=
    _
    False, Transpose:=False
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    txtFileName = Range("H4").Value & Range("A4").Value & " WorkingTime " &
    Month(Range("A5")) & " " & Year(Range("A5")) & ".xls"
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=txtFileName _
    , FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
    ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
    ActiveWindow.Close

    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

    "nickclingan" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Talking