In Excell-2000, database how do you extract unique records

  1. #1
    bgpereira
    Guest

    In Excell-2000, database how do you extract unique records

    From a database of columns A to K, how do you "extract" unique records from
    column C and corresponding lowest value from column K. A sample spreadsheet
    would he helpful and appreciated. - Brian

  2. #2
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: In Excell-2000, database how do you extract unique records

    You can extract unique records by using advanced filter - you have the
    option of filtering in place or copying the extracted records to
    another location. If you want to find the lowest value in column K use
    the =MIN( ) function.

    Pete

  3. #3
    bgpereira
    Guest

    Re: In Excell-2000, database how do you extract unique records

    Hi Pete:

    I am using advanced filter. What do I put in Cell C4 in the CRIETERIA range
    to Extract unique records from Column C ; the corresponding lowest value
    database formula in Crieteria Range Cell E4 would be =DMIN(DATA,5,A3:E4)

    CRIETETRIA Range A3:E4
    DATA range A8:E190
    EXTRACT range A195:E195

    Thanks
    Brian Pereira

  4. #4
    bgpereira
    Guest

    Re: In Excell-2000, database how do you extract unique records

    Hi Pete:

    I am using advanced filter. What do I put in Cell C4 in the CRIETERIA range
    to Extract unique records from Column C ; the corresponding lowest value
    database formula in Crieteria Range Cell E4 would be =DMIN(DATA,5,A3:E4)

    CRIETETRIA Range A3:E4
    DATA range A8:E190
    EXTRACT range A195:E195

    Thanks
    Brian Pereira
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: In Excell-2000, database how do you extract unique records

    Leave out any headers in the criteria range, in C4 use

    =COUNTIF($C$9:$C$190,C9)<=1

    assuming C87 is a header and C9 is the first data cell, leave D blank and in
    E4 put

    =E9=MIN($E$9:$E$195)

    then use $C$3:$E$4 as criteria

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: In Excell-2000, database how do you extract unique records

    Oops! the MIN formula range should of course be E9:E190

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...