Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

  1. #1
    Les
    Guest

    Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

    It would be beneficial if Excel provided a hidden text option like MS Word.
    This would allow information to be stored in cells but not printed when the
    spreadsheet is printed.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

    Good luck with that one ! LOL

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

    What you are suggesting can already be accomplished in a number of ways. You
    can place the info in a Hidden Row or Column. Or, use a seperate Worksheet
    for data storage. You could also change the text color of the "hidden" cell
    to white (or whatever background color you're using). That way it is still
    accessible, but will not show up when printing. And if you get into writing
    VB code, you can open up even more possibilities.

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

    You can insert a text box, add your text, and set the text box properties so
    it doesn't print

  5. #5
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

    An additional way is to use the N function to include the hidden text in the
    formula thus:

    =SUM(A1:A10) +N("I want to add up the first 10 cells in column A")

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

  6. #6

    Re: Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

    And if you're working with strings:

    ="this is a string " & text(a1,"$0.00") & text("this is a comment",";;;")