Which function to check any value existed withing a list?

  1. #1
    Eric
    Guest

    Which function to check any value existed withing a list?

    Does anyone know which function to perform checking any value within a list?
    such as
    a list {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9}
    a value {4}
    then return true
    Thank you
    Eric

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Which function to check any value existed withing a list?

    Hi Eric:

    COUNTIF() will work for you.

    Let's say we have a set of values in column A, say A1 thru A100. In B1 we
    insert the value we would like to check. In B2 enter:

    =(COUNTIF(A1:A100,B1)>0) which will return TRUE if B1 is in the list
    --
    Gary's Student