Summary of multiple spreadsheets:

  1. #1
    Peter
    Guest

    Summary of multiple spreadsheets:

    I have a workbook with multiple spreadsheets. I want to summarize the
    information from the same selected cell on each sheet on to a summary sheet.
    I am not trying to sum the totals.

    Therefore on the summary sheet I reference a cell say A1 on Sheet 1 using =.

    What I would like to do then is drag and copy down the column on the summary
    sheet so that it takes the info from cell A1 off each consecutive sheet and
    places it on to the summary sheet i.e.

    Sheet 1 $A$1
    Sheet 2 $A$1
    Sheet 3 $A$1

    And so on for all the sheets in the work book.

    But when I copy the formula down the column I can’t get the sheet number to
    update to the next sheet i.e. it copies as follows:

    Sheet 1 $A$1
    Sheet 1 $A$1
    Sheet 1 $A$1

    I then have to manually change the sheet number in each cell.

    Is there any way to copy so that the sheet number updates to the next sheet
    in the work book.

    Thankyou in anticipation

    --
    Peter S

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Summary of multiple spreadsheets:

    If indeed you are using the default sheet names it is easy

    =INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROWS($A$1:A1)&"'!A1")

    will return what's in A1 in Sheet1:whatever sheet you have

    of course if you have totally unique names for each sheet as opposed to the
    same textstring + number
    it becomes much harder

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)